Snapping Shoals EMC currently has an opening for the position of Mechanic. This is a position with diversified responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Repair, replace and/or overhaul light to medium weight vehicles including cars, trucks, and vans. This includes heavy equipment, automobiles and class 1-8 trucks.
- Maintain repair records and shop inventory
- Minor bodywork, brake systems, as well as all engine work.
- Perform diagnostic test and plan all repair procedures needed
- Perform repairs of truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks and hydraulic equipment
- Must be familiar with OBD-2
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Associates’ degree or certification in Auto Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and or training; or combination of education and experience
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance; Attention to detail; Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must be able to obtain a CDL license
Snapping Shoals EMC has a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants in either position must complete an application for employment. The application packet is located on our website at the right of this page. Completed applications should be mailed to:
Snapping Shoals EMC
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 509
Covington, GA 30015
You may also pick up a paper copy of the application packet at our office located at 14750 Brown Bridge Road, Covington, GA. Office hours: Monday – Friday 8-5.
Snapping Shoals EMC only accepts solicited applications and resumes. Neither a person’s application nor resume is accepted if there are no advertised job
Snapping Shoals EMC will announce job openings through:
Advertisements will include information about the position as well as instructions on the time, date, and location to make application.
- Department of Labor
- Local newspapers
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) website
- Technical schools and universities
- SSEMC website
- Veterans and minority sources
All candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional training and experience may be required in some cases.
Applicants will be required to pass Snapping Shoals EMC’s pre-employment physical with drug screen, previous employment verification and background check. If required by the position, applicants must provide a Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) and have the ability to obtain and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Snapping Shoals EMC is an equal opportunity employer. Snapping Shoals EMC, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Snapping Shoals EMC is also required by law, by virtue of its contract(s) with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified disabled individuals, and Vietnam Era and disabled veterans.
Fair Credit Reporting Act