Snapping Shoals EMC has a position available for a Mechanic. This is a position with diversified responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works with the Director of Fleet Services and/or Journeyman Mechanic to determine the nature of the damage or malfunction of the vehicle and determines the repair procedure necessary.
- Performs diagnostic test utilizing vehicle scanners and/or computers
- Removes, replaces and repairs automotive units and parts, such as, but not limited to engines, transmission, carburetor, alternator, etc.
- Rewires ignition systems, lights and instrument panels.
- Performs minor body work
- Maintains record of repairs
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates’ degree or certification in Auto Technology
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience and or training; or combination of education and experience
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance; Attention to detail; Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Knowledge and experience in the repair of truck mounted aerial platforms; digger derricks and hydraulic equipment
Snapping Shoals Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package
Please complete the application packet at right and mail the completed packet to:
Snapping Shoals EMC
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 509
Covington, GA 30015
Interested applicants who do not have access to a computer or who have special needs may pick up a paper copy of the application packet at 14750 Brown Bridge Road, Covington, GA 30016. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8-5.
Snapping Shoals EMC only accepts solicited applications and resumes. Neither a person’s application nor resume is accepted if there are no advertised job
Snapping Shoals EMC will announce job openings through:
Advertisements will include information about the position as well as instructions on the time, date, and location to make application.
- Department of Labor
- Local newspapers
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) website
- Technical schools and universities
- SSEMC website
- Veterans and minority sources
All candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional training and experience may be required in some cases.
Applicants will be required to pass Snapping Shoals EMC’s pre-employment physical with drug screen, previous employment verification and background check. If required by the position, applicants must provide a Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) and have the ability to obtain and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Snapping Shoals EMC is an equal opportunity employer. Snapping Shoals EMC, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Snapping Shoals EMC is also required by law, by virtue of its contract(s) with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified disabled individuals, and Vietnam Era and disabled veterans.
Fair Credit Reporting Act