Some Snapping Shoals EMC members have reported receiving phone calls from individuals referring to themselves as Snapping Shoals EMC representatives. These individuals are claiming that Snapping Shoals EMC members will see an increase of $200 per year in their electricity bills due to the co-op’s involvement in Plant Washington. Not only are the callers not representatives for Snapping Shoals EMC, their threat of a rate hike is based on numbers that are simply false.
Here are the REAL facts …
About Plant Washington:
• SSEMC is no longer funding Plant Washington.
• SSEMC’s commitment was to obtain the permits necessary for the building of Plant Washington and those permits have now been obtained.
• SSEMC will remain a partner in the project, which means that we will have a preferred option to purchase power from the plant and will receive a return of the capital we have invested to date once the plant is constructed.
According to the most recent Georgia Public Service Commission residential rate surveys, at 1,500 kWh:
• Snapping Shoals EMC has the seventh lowest retail rates in the state out of 95 electric providers.
• Snapping Shoals EMC has the fourth lowest summer rate and the second lowest winter rate among all 42 EMCs and Georgia Power.
• Your co-op is $498 a year cheaper than Georgia Power.
• We are $307 a year cheaper than the average of all electric providers in the state.
According to the most recent key ratio trend analysis used by electric co-ops across the country:
• Snapping Shoals EMC ranks in the Top 14 percent lowest residential rates among 814 co-ops in the United States.
• Snapping Shoals EMC ranks in the Top 2 lowest residential rates among the
42 co-ops in the state of Georgia.
Please remember that Snapping Shoals EMC, its Board of Directors and our employees are doing all we can to continue providing the quality electric service you’ve grown accustomed to while still keeping our rates as low as possible. The fact that we’re owned by those we serve pushes us to work harder every day, and we promise to always put our members’ needs first.
ELECTRIC SERVICE CUSTOMER SERVICE ENERGY INFO ABOUT US PAY MY BILL NEWS & UPDATES COMMUNITY CONTACT US